Thursday, May 31, 2012

Twelve Tags of 2012- May

Yep, I am Last Minute Lillie this month with my Tim Holtz Twelve Tags of 2012 tag! But hey, I got her done!!!! Woot! So, I was inspired to make a very clean tag this month and planned to try my hand at a monotone white on white with a touch of pink but I used a bit more color and really like how it turned out! And one of the techniques that Tim featured this month was the Melting Pot and how to make flowers look like resin. Well, I don't have a melting pot, but I have done the technique before using UTEE and a heat tool, but of course, my huge jar of UTEE is MIA! I really need to clean my scrap space, AGAIN!!! Anyway...I improvised with some glittery embossing powder and achieved an ok effect. Embrace imperfection, right? LOL!
Supplies: Tag, Embossing Powder: Ranger; Tim Holtz- Tissue Paper, Dress Form Die, Stamp; Patterned Paper: Sassafrass; Flower: Prima; From My Stash- ribbon, doily

Also entering this tag into Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog- Anything Goes (and use twine if you want too)- I used a tiny piece of Divine Twine to loop my ballerina charm through the tag.

Thanks for stopping by today! I'm trying to get excited about going to The Great American Scrapbook Convention Tomorrow, but I am really just so tired and want to sleep! Guess I better get some rest and put on my happy face because my scrap buddies are all super excited- don't want to be a Debbie Downer! Have a great night!

3 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeee this!!! LOVING that dress form!! Is the convention in Texas?? Nikki Sivils (Who I am on her DT) is going to be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag! Love your design and that fab dress form!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it...