Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Scrapbook Circle Challenge 17 & Sketchy Thursdays 10.13

Combined two journaling challenges this week- one from Scrapbook Circle and another from the sketch at Sketchy Thursdays! My little niece is just such a sweet little girl that I had to use Scrapbook Circle's August kit- You Are My Sunshine to make this layout about her because the colors and patterns in the kit were perfect for this photo of her. My printer is acting a little wacky, so the colors in the photo are a way off and not exactly the look I was going for but it works!

Anyway, I journaled about how much I love this little kiddo and a quick little story about the ribbons in her hair and the wristband she's wearing. She wanted a little tutu from the Dollar Tree which I told her was way too small for her, but she insisted that it would fit. Since it was just a dollar I got it anyway and of course 5 minutes after wearing it....it split! So I cut it into pieces and made a some flowers to embellish her 'Dollar Tree' headbands, tied some of the fabric to the ends of her braids and used the left over piece to tie a wristband- talk about fashion design on a dime!  It's a good thing that this little girl does not belong to me because we would be some crazy dollar store craftin' nuts every weekend! Anyway, like I said the majority of the layout is made with my August Scrapbook Circle kit but I also added a few things like the 'you are here'/ arrow stamp and the stamp around the journaling block are Studio Calico as well as the buttons,  a heart doilie from my stash, and Thickers. Well, that's it for today! Oh, yeah and if you're interested....my Random Crate Paper giveaway a couple of posts below is still open until Wednesday morning! Ok, thanks so much for stopping by...have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this AWESOME! I loveeeeeee that photo and loving the journal tags!! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the SC kit and the sketch! Such a great page! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page! Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Circle and Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a gorgeous layout and that picture is so adorable!! All of your design elements are so beautiful!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog for the Getting Cricky So Thank-Fall Blog Hop...I wanted to follow you but I can't get your follower button to show, even after refreshing the page repeatedly :( I'll try back later :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it...