Sunday, August 21, 2011

Stampin' Dymonz Tag on Tag Challenge...



A few months ago I found cool blog and I played along with Stampin'Dymonz's Tim Times Ten tag challenge. I had a blast learning and trying new techniques on tags. Well, this week they are having another tag challenge, so I just had to play along! Here are the details directly from Stampin' Dymonz blog:

This week's challenge is a tag challenge...with a twist. We will be using inspiration from the PageMaps website (www.pagemaps.com) and utilizing the following Tag Map, which can be found there:


As you can see by this sketch, this tag appears to have a "folder" on the front of the tag with a piece of paper which is inside the folder on a skewed angle. This week's challenge will have you put your spin on this sketch, including the following elements -- your tag must have a functional folder on the front and the piece of paper inside of the folder must be in the shape of a tag. There should be space on the tag for a small photo and some journaling. This space can be on the inside and/or the outside of the folder and/or the inserted tag.

Here is what I created for the challenge:
I started off with the idea that I would make the tag for my son to use as a bookmark, but then as I was crafting it during the wee wee wee hours of this morning, my son informed me that he wanted a baseball themed bookmark, so from there I just took off in an entirely different direction! So I started off with the Alterations tag die to cut a piece of Tim Holtz paper. Then I backed it with some think chipboard to make it more sturdy. I used the Alterations file tab die as the starting point for making my file folder and then used random pieces from the Tim Holtz paper pad to embellish the tag. I used Cosmo Cricket tiny type alphas to label the file folder and inked a plain white tag to create the inside tag that has the journaling and picture. On the other side I wanted a place to keep track of books so I created a mini notebook with an Elle's Studio tag folded over pieces of paper and hot glued. After adding so many layers this tag is very chunky and may not be the best book mark, but I at least I can still sit it out for display and/or use the little notebook inside to keep track of the books I read. Thanks for taking the time to stop by! Have a great Sunday Afternoon and a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so beautiful! Love the notepad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tag...I love how you were able to pack so much in one tag....Love the tim holtz look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nitasha! Your tag is this week's winner!!! Please e-mail me (stampin.dymonz@gmail.com) your full mailing address so I can get your blog candy in the mail to you. Thank you for participating in Challenge #9 @ Stampin' Dymonz Creative Space!

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! You ROCKED this challenge lady!

    Don't forget to check back tomorrow for Challenge #10!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it...